LCSW- Part Time
Reports to: CXOType: Part Time
Under the direction of the CXO and Survivor Wellness, in partnership with the senior Licensed LCSW, and as a part of a multidisciplinary team the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will provide direct services including individual (including youth), couple, family and group therapeutic services to patients, including assessments and treatment plans.
- Addresses referrals from providers including referrals via warm hand-offs
- Maintains weekly scheduled appointments
- Recognizes diversity within and between groups.
- Participates and weekly huddles to assess needs and coordinate services
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members including external partners
- Works to ensure that agency services are culturally relevant and appropriate
- Critically analyses and applies culturally appropriate theories and knowledge about client system functioning within environmental contexts.
- Develops a client/worker relationship that demonstrates genuineness, and respect.
- Applies the ecological perspective when engaging in assessment, planning and intervention.
- Utilizes appropriate assessment, planning, and intervention skills according to the unique circumstances of each client, including ethnicity, gender, race, national origin, culture, age, ability, socio-economics, class, religion, and sexual orientation
- Employs appropriate social work roles with client systems to include advocate, case manager, broker, enabler, facilitator, mediator, educator and evaluator
- Appropriately applies relevant research findings to social work practice.
- Employs evidence-based best practice
- Appropriately discusses and plans termination with the client.
- Assesses the client’s reaction to termination and provides appropriate supports.
- Recognizes one’s own reactions to termination.
- Evaluates their own practice effectiveness and shares findings appropriately
- Functions effectively within the structure of organizations, and across service delivery systems
- Is familiar with the agency mission, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Uses practice-relevant technologies within the context of organizational resources.
- Appropriately addresses institutional and societal barriers to service delivery.
- Supports program development through collaboration, mediation and/or networking.
- Uses supervision and consultation appropriately to improve practice and enhance services to clients.
- Works collaboratively with the field instructor to enhance educational experiences by setting goals which reflect professional interests and needs.
- Follows through on assignments in a timely manner
- Accepts and uses constructive feedback and takes initiative to make appropriate changes in behavior and attitudes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY The incumbent in this position does not have supervisory responsibility. However, he or she may be expected to provide leadership and instruction to volunteers and/or less experienced staff.
Hours: Part Time, 20 hrs/wk
Work from home remotely with teleconference meetings as well as occasional on-site meetings.
Essential Job Duties
- Participates in a variety of projects that support the needs of the organization.
- Works with the members of the team to identify solutions and perform tasks that accomplish individual and team goals.
- Attends team meetings and actively participates / takes on opportunities to share knowledge and skills that are pertinent to the meeting.
- Gains knowledge of the organization functions.
- Works with other members of the organization to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Project Assistance: May be assigned one or more specific projects during the internship. Demonstrates an understanding of the process and accountability for the results / outcomes.
- Works independently or as a member of a team to accomplish the tasks necessary to successfully complete the project. Involves others when needed in a timely manner and work to meet project timelines.
- Compensation: Hourly- Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Part Time: M-F
- Department: Health Counselor
- Social Work degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
All positions subject to close without notice. Survivor Wellness prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Please email a resume to email@example.com or complete the form below to apply. Put the position of interest as the subject line.