Weekly Support Groups
Want to join a support group or activity? Enroll in advance here! Be sure to indicate the group for which you are applying to join.
Wednesday Evening Survivor Support Group
Survivor Support Group is a weekly, in-person meeting of Survivors - any individual who has been newly-diagnosed, who is currently in treatment, or who is post-treatment; anyone living with cancer. Family and loved ones are also welcome to join meetings. For over 20 years, this group has been providing peer support to help individuals handle the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual changes of living with cancer. Facilitated by Dana Levy, C-IAYT, CLMA, Survivor Wellness Director and yoga & movement therapist. Held in the front room of the 59 House. Join anytime.
Grief & Healing Group
Thursdays, 6:00-7:30pm (Online)
Held weekly via Zoom (join from anywhere), this group is led by health counselor, Tammy White.
Contact us to join this group, held from 6-7:30pm mountain time zone each Thursday evening: email@example.com
This group is for individuals 18+ who are bereaving any kind of loss, and seeking healing. Connect with people who have similar experiences; you never know who needs to hear your story. We are waiting for you.
Community Garden Group
Held in the Survivor Wellness Gardens, 59 S 1100 E Salt Lake City, UT, from March-October.
Move through the beauty of Red Butte Gardens in all seasons!
Sundays, 11am-1pm, starting Feb. 5!
Meet at the Red Butte Gardens Visitor Center by 11 am
Much of the garden is ADA-accessible. General Info: (Here)
- Up to ten participants are allowed per Walking Group visit. Currently, no reservation is required to join. In the future, a reservation system may be necessary. Thanks for your understanding.
- You MUST arrive before 11 am to be admitted to the Gardens; all members of the group must gather and enter together, along with the Survivor Wellness staff member. Once inside, you may wander at will. We will meet again at 1 pm, or you may leave when you are ready.
- A Survivor Wellness staff member will be on the premises from 11-1. If you wish to stay longer you may.
- Bring weather-appropriate walking gear, such as walking shoes, sun protection, a water bottle, etc.
- Red Butte Gardens is located at: 300 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City.
Survivor Youth Support Group
Activities to resume in 2023.
This group is a safe, supportive space for adolescents to be seen and heard while navigating their own or a loved one's cancer diagnosis, treatment, or after-treatment.