Immune Boosting Soup•
Posted on January 02 2020
Yield: 6-8 bowls
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 lb shitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 12 cups water
- 4 heads baby bok choy, bottoms chopped off
- 1/2 head kale, chopped
- optional: 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Chop off the bottom of the stem from your mushrooms and discard. Separate stems from tops and slice tops and remaining stem if necessary, into large pieces. You will only discard the very bottom of the stems, not the full stems as they contain many nutritional benefits!
- Heat up coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in celery and mushrooms and sauté for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms have wilted.
- Add in spices (including ginger, if using) and water and bring to a boil.
- Then let simmer, covered for 1 hour or as long as you want (the longer you leave, the better!)
- Add bok choy and kale in the last 10 minutes of cooking to wilt.
- Serve warm or store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Proper care and feeding of the human body. Kitchari is a traditional Ayurvedic dish made from beans and rice. Kitchari is known for its ability to...Read More
SERVES 4 1 cup Quinoa 1 3/4 cup Water 2 Bay leaves 1/2 tsp Turmeric 1 tbsp Ghee 1 Onion, chopped 1 Carrot, cut in small pieces 2 cl...Read More
Soothing Saffron Milk
Trouble sleeping? Saffron milk may help establish healthy sleep cycles. Saffron is the magical spice of the fairies. Deep crimson in color, saffron...Read More