Posted on January 02 2020
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, cut in small pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Potato, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh Parsley (optional)
- Seasonal vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, ect.)
- In a fine strainer, rinse quinoa under running water.
- Put the quinoa in a pan and add water, bay leaves, and turmeric. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the grains are tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a frying pan over low heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic to the sautéing onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the carrots and potatoes to the frying pan. Sauté stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add a little bit water if the veggies are sticking to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- As soon as the quinoa is done, stir in the vegetable mixture just until thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with parsley if desire. Serve hot.