Posted on January 02 2020
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, cut in small pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Potato, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh Parsley (optional)
- Seasonal vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, ect.)
- In a fine strainer, rinse quinoa under running water.
- Put the quinoa in a pan and add water, bay leaves, and turmeric. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the grains are tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a frying pan over low heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic to the sautéing onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the carrots and potatoes to the frying pan. Sauté stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add a little bit water if the veggies are sticking to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- As soon as the quinoa is done, stir in the vegetable mixture just until thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with parsley if desire. Serve hot.
SERVES 4 1 cup Quinoa 1 3/4 cup Water 2 Bay leaves 1/2 tsp Turmeric 1 tbsp Ghee 1 Onion, chopped 1 Carrot, cut in small pieces 2 cl...Read More
Soothing Saffron Milk
Trouble sleeping? Saffron milk may help establish healthy sleep cycles. Saffron is the magical spice of the fairies. Deep crimson in color, saffron...Read More
Immune Boosting Soup
IMMUNE-BOOSTING SOUP Yield: 6-8 bowls INGREDIENTS 1 T coconut oil 1 large yellow onion, chopped 6 garlic cloves, minced 2 celery stalks, sliced 1 ...Read More